Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ponies

So, watching the GG's (no, not that outspoken old woman, the equine variety) recently, I thoguht it would be a good idea to get some early bets on for the big races this Spring to take advantage of the juicy odds on offer.

Firstly, a few weeks ago I had money on Samantha Miss for the Cox Plate @ $21.  Since then, she's gone from strength to strength and I'm looking for a nice collect in a few weeks time.  Currently, she's third favourite at $6 behind Weekend Hustler and Princess Coup.

For the Melbourne Cup, I was impressed with Zipping's run the other day and so plonked some coin on him at $19.  Suspect he'll come in to about $5 on the day.

Caulfield Cup - I really want to get on big Mal but Littorio is making me second guess.  Maldivian should run the journey and be able to hold of Master O'Reilly, but with Weekend Hussler and Littorio in the field I just don't know.  Will probably sling a few bob his way though cos the $19 on offer is too good to pass up.  Will also have a dabble n Pompeii Ruler at $15 

As for this weekend - we'll see how these go.  If they come good, I'll keep on tippig.  If not - I'll happily hang up my punting hat for the Spring!:

Yalumba Stakes (Caulfield R5) - Pompeii Ruler, Casual Pass, Largo Lad for the trifecta
Toorak Handicap (Caulfield R6) - Orange County from Bon Hoffa and The Fuzz
Caulfield Guineas (Caulfield R7) - Lord Tavistock to upset the favourites with Von Costa de Hero pushing hard for a place

No comments: