Friday, October 10, 2008

Bollywood Charm

Ok, here's a quick thought.  I want to not like Brett Lee.  He's a bowler.  He good looking.  He's from NSW.  

But I really, really rate him.  Why?  Has there been a player who tries as hard for his country in recent years.

I think of him getting smashed on the body time and time again in 2005, and how his batting stood up even when his bowling was falling away.

He took his dropping during the last Indian tour like a man.  Busted his arse and got back in.

He's just had a pretty horrible thing go down in his life.  He stood up and is being counted.

On the other hand, he acts in Bollywood films and is a singer.  These contrasts torment me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

suck it up, Warney's my favourite cricketer (and now my cat's named Warney).. and he's a bloody Victorian!

Unknown said...

I can accept he does the bollywood shite in exchange for massive wads of cash.. to be honest you've gotta admire his business savvy in this regard - throughout that whole hissy fit last year Binga kept riding the fence like a tiger

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you raise good points. I was just struck by this sense of actually wanting him to do well...it disturbed me.